Although I have to point out that there was a piece of speculative science fiction called The Blazing World published by one Margaret Cavendish, Duchess of Newcastle-upon-Tyne in 1666, slightly predating Mary Shelley.
Hell, the first named author in history? Enheduanna, a Sumerian high priestess, poet and lyricist. She’s known as the Shakespeare of Sumerian literature.
The first American mystery novel was written by Metta Victoria Fuller Victor, as well as the first dime novel, and the first crime novel..
I will keep reblogging this whenever it shows up on my dash.
A punk stops during a gay pride parade to allow a mesmerized child to touch his jacket spikes.
I lost control about reblogging this picture.
and this is the perfect “fuck you” to people who stereotype people like this.
literally one of my favourite pictures ever
nothing more punk than letting small children touch your clothes spikes or hair spikes
|me:||does this look better one pixel to the left or one pixel to the right|
|me:||I can't decide between these two incredibly similar colors|
|me:||should this be on overlay or soft light|
|me:||75% OR 74% OPACITY|
disney princesses + greek mythology
I never get tagged for these things, so this was fun. :)
Rule #1: Always post the rules.
Rule #2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, then write 11 new ones
Rule #3: Tag 11 people and link them to the post
Rule #4: Actually tell them you tagged them
1) Most embarrassing or cracktastic ship you’ve ever read?
I will read anything and not be embarrassed about it, so let’s see … the Harry Potter fandom has some of the most off the wall pairings I’ve ever seen. I’ve read Snape/Filch and Giant Squid/Dumbledore fics - both were surprisingly good, btw.
2) Character you would actually date in real life? (so, like, someone datable. Like, for instance, I have a huge crush on Willow, but IRL I’d date Oz and virtually no one else from BtVS)
I’m watching Free! right now, so I’d definitely date Makoto. I like Haru, but hell, he’s even more moody and brooding than I am. I’d also date Zoe from Firefly, Captain Janeway from ST Voyager, Morgan from Criminal Minds, and probably a host of other fictional people I love too much.
3) Hogwarts House and why?
Gryffindor, because I’ve taken several different sorting tests (including Pottermore) and I get Gryffindor every. single. time. I am proud and slightly embarrassed of that fact at the same time.
4) What is your favorite desert?
CHEESECAKE. IT IS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER.
5) If you had to pick two characters from anything to be stuck with in a zombie apocalypse, who would you pick? (note: consider this a non-magic or non-powered AU. All characters retain real life skills, but the only fantasy in this question are the zombies)
Ender from Ender’s Game, because he’s a master strategist and commander, if anyone can figure out how to beat zombies, it’s gonna be someone like Ender. And I’m honestly not sure who else to pick. Somebody good with weapons. *shrug*
6) With which of your OTPs would you most like to have a threesome? Alternatively/additionally, with which of your OTPs would you most want to engage in a polyamorous relationship?
Threesomes and polyamorous relationships are not my thing, so I wouldn’t really want to do that. I would love to watch any of my OTPs getting it on, though, maybe from like another room, on video or something, cause voyeurism is definitely my thing. So, in that case, I’d probably most like to watch Janeway and Seven from Voyager. Or Sam and Dean from Supernatural.
7) Favorite horror movie? Scariest horror movie?
Yeah, I don’t do horror either, lol. I get nightmares if I watch too many eps of Criminal Minds at night. I’d hate to see what an actual horror movie would do to me.
8) What was your first fandom? How did you get into it?
Gotta be Star Trek. I went to conventions and stuff when I was in middle school. I grew up watching Next Gen because my older brother liked it and controlled the remote like annoying older siblings do. I didn’t like ST at first, probably because I was like 8 or something, but it grew on me.
9) Which came first: The chicken or the egg?
The circle has no beginning.
10) If you could shapeshift back and forth at will between your own appearance and the appearance of one other human, who would you pick?
Hmm…I don’t want to pick anyone famous, cause then I’d get harassed and that’s so not happening. IDK, some random, handsome dude would be cool though. OH, or maybe Elvis, just to keep the rumors alive. That’d be hilarious. Young Elvis though, so I’d still be handsome. ;)
11) If there were to be a broadway musical of one of your fandoms, which would you most like to see on stage?
Star Trek or Doctor Who would be awesome, cause can you just imagine Picard or Ten bursting into song on stage. Yes. Definitely.
1. Have you ever challenged or questioned one of your long held ideas or beliefs? Why or why not? (If you want to share the belief or idea and your conclusions, feel free to do so!)
2. Describe a place or environment where you are perfectly content.
3. Most people have a story or event in their past that defines who they are (maybe only to themselves), do you? Please share! If not, share any childhood story.
4. You are required to spend the next year in either the past or the future. What year would you pick to live in and why?
5. Pick any movie or book where the protagonist made a difficult choice. Do you agree or disagree with them, and why?
6. What would you refuse to do for a million dollars? (Note that it’s not what you would do for a million bucks, it’s what you wouldn’t do, even if someone offered you a ridiculous amount of cash.)
7. If you were invincible for a day (can’t die, basically) what would you do?
8. What are you a “natural” at doing? (talent, skill, etc that comes easily)
9. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “fun”?
10. What’s your enneagram type and how accurate is it? Here’s a quick test if you don’t know it: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/dis_sample_36.asp#.U_qWv_ldU3U
11. What’s your MBTI type and how accurate is it? Here’s a not-so-quick test (but totally worth the time if you like self-reflection) if you don’t know it: